- OUR NEWS
- OUR MEMBERS
The Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce board of directors has endorsed Allen Kunkel and Alina Lehnert for two open seats on the Springfield Public Schools Board of Education.
The decision was made Feb. 16 following an extensive, member-driven process in which the Chamber’s School Board Candidate Endorsement Task Force surveyed and interviewed all five candidates vying for two three-year terms on the April 5 ballot.
“Our endorsements represent the best of the best,” Chamber president Matt Morrow said. “Strong governance of the district equals a strong school district which translates to a strong, vibrant community.”
As a business organization, the Chamber sees outstanding school leaders as a critical aspect to solving the challenge of workforce development. “Quality board members understand that students must be prepared with skills and training matched to the rapidly changing needs of the workplace,” Morrow said.
More about our endorsed candidates
- A career in economic development, workforce and business: Associate Vice President for Economic Development and Director, Jordan Valley Innovation Center, Missouri State University
- Community leader: Past president of Springfield Public Schools Foundation, Discovery Center of Springfield, and Rotary Club of Springfield North; has also served on numerous state and local boards and commissions
- Founding board member: Greater Ozarks Centers for Advanced Professional Studies (GO CAPS), the new career exploration program for high school students.
- Father of three Springfield Public Schools students
- Master’s Degree, Public Administration and Certified Economic Developer
Visit Allen's website
- Small business owner: Leadership training and talent development
- Higher education professional: Former assistant professor, Evangel University
- Community leader: Past president of Leadership Springfield, and City of Springfield’s Education and Workforce Development Strategic Planning Committee, PTSA and other community involvement
- Licensed professional counselor
- Doctorate, Organizational Leadership and Certified Strengths Performance Coach
Visit Alina's website