Digital Sales Manger III
Contact: Apply online.
Phone: No calls.
Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 169 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.9% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
KOZL-KOLR-KRBK-TV in Springfield, Missouri’s 3rd largest city, seeks a proven Digital Sales Manager to provide energized leadership for our sales initiatives for our local digital portal, Ozarksfirst.com. The Ozarksfirst.com digital operation provides digital media solutions to local advertisers. We offer superior audience engagement across all media devices paired with local broadcast television’s unrivalled influence on consumers’ purchasing and decisions. The ideal candidate possesses a passion for digital media and enjoys staying current with its evolution, understands digital marketing strategy, and thrives in a highly energized customer-focused team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in digital by vertical and by accounts
- Works with Account Executives and clients developing results driven marketing solutions across multiple platforms
- Attends sales calls with Account Executives to develop new accounts and maximize existing accounts
- Be an effective educator/trainer both internally and externally on digital tactics, benefits, and trends
- Assists with the recruitment of talented sales professionals
- Consistently evaluate seller performance and provide feedback.
- Act as primary negotiator for the station on all digital business; review key sales proposals in advance to ensure client goals are achieved in a manner consistent with station sales guidelines.
- Respond to RFP requests; meet client deadlines.
- Meet extensively with clients to develop/strengthen business relationships; drive client retention.
- Support local sellers in sales presentations to multiple points of contact with client/agency personnel.
- Manage various expense budgets related to digital sales initiatives.
- Provide training to local sellers.
- Ensure all necessary sales presentations are comprehensive and available in advance of the selling windows.
- Maintain current and accurate revenue forecasts by account.
- In partnership with the Director of Sales and Local TV Sales Managers, lead weekly sales meeting; prepare and lead quarterly review/preview meetings.
- Prepares budgets and approves budgeted expenditures
- Works closely with Accounts Receivable and sales team to maintain current and collectible aging’s
- Acts as a backup for the Local Sales Manager on an as needed basis
- Manage Digital inventory and effective pricing
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Degree or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred
- Minimum three-year experience in Sales, preferably in the Digital field
- Current knowledge of digital ad technology, online ad serving, 3rd party research skills such as ComScore and Google Analytics
- Understanding of pricing and inventory management principles.
- Ability to prospect, meet with, and close business with new advertising clients.
- •Proficiency in MS Office products required
- Experience with Wide Orbit, Matrix, Strata, ComScore and AdMall are a plus
- Fluency in English; with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Occasional travel required; available to work extended hours if needed
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Digital Sales Manager must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Digital Sales Manager must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 40 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Apply online at https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com/jobs/5986/manager-iii%2c-digital-sales/job