Employee Relations Coordinator
Company/organization: O'Reilly Auto Parts
The Employee Relations Coordinator represents the Company in various resolution processes, provides advice to managers and team members regarding the interpretation and implementation of company policies and various laws affecting the terms and conditions of employment. The Employee Relations Coordinator conducts investigations into complaints of unfair treatment, discrimination, hostile work environment, harassment, sexual harassment, and retaliation. In addition, the Employee Relations Coordinator investigates and responds to formal charges of discrimination.
Essential Job Functions
- Uses sound judgement and discretion with management in matters regarding leadership, engagement, and managing a diverse workforce in a manner that represents the O'Reilly brand.
- Approve team member discipline and separations of employment while ensuring compliance with company policy, federal, state, and local law for the corporate office, stores and distribution centers.
- Quickly and accurately analyze large quantities of information including team member statements, work schedules, time card records, progressive discipline and company policy to make appropriate and consistent employment recommendations.
- Answer a high volume of phone calls regarding team member concerns for the corporate office, stores and distribution centers.
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of relevant employment laws and company policies.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Human Resources or equivalent work experience (2+years).
- Excellent reading and comprehension skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written), time management, problem solving, and organization skills.
This is a full-time opportunity; Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.