Company/organization: Show Me Christian County
Contact: Andrea Sitzes
POSITION: Project Coordinator
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt or Non-Exempt
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time
COMPENSATION: Based on experience
PRIMARY WORK LOCATION: Office Setting
Show Me Christian County is expanding and seeking a full-time, high energy, detail oriented, creative, multi-faceted and highly-motivated Project Coordinator to become an integral long-term part of our team.
Show Me Christian County is a newly formed public/private organization with the goal of advancing economic health throughout the county. The sole purpose of the organization is to serve as a business concierge and advocate of business attraction, retention & expansion, entrepreneurship, and workforce development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Strategize, write, edit, and manage all of the marketing communications, including presentations, service offerings, website content, blogs, monthly newsletters, tradeshow, and conference pieces by coordinating and facilitating all communications via print, web/email, radio, television and social media; upon the approval of the President & CEO.
- Handle all office related tasks including answering phone calls and walk-in visits, responding to email requests for information, mailing out information and updating general information for clients and investors.
- Assist with preparation and follow-up of meetings to include assembly and mailing, making meeting arrangements, taking, processing and distributing meeting minutes, when applicable.
- Represent the organization at networking events and present to community groups explaining the purpose, goals, and services available.
- Coordinate conference and seminar registration and other meetings, engagements, and activities as needed; collect monies.
- Maintain the organizational calendar for meetings, events, both internally and externally. This includes sending out requests for proposals.
- Establish and maintain a logical and accessible digital filing system for administrative matters. Log all activities in the CRM database with great detail and accuracy.
- Greet clients, investors, and community members, in a pleasant and congenial manner and serve them courteously.
- Complete assigned activities, projects or promotions within the prescribed time limits allowed.
- Controls and maintains office supplies and inventory of equipment and contracts.
- Attend conferences, workshops, seminars, meetings, and other training for professional development purposes.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by President & CEO.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum two-four years of work experience in a professional office environment. Marketing, communications or business Associates degree or higher preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates a sense of vision for the mission of Show Me Christian County.
- Planning/organizing – prioritize and plan work activities without supervision, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans. Strong sense of urgency.
- Judgment – display willingness to make independent decisions, exhibit sound judgment, makes timely decisions and accepts responsibility for results.
- Communication (Oral and Written) – conveys information persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and excellent interpersonal skills. At ease with handling negotiations. Ability to work comfortably and effectively with Board members, volunteers, peers, and organizations in multiple industries.
- Excellent influencing skills and ability to develop and maintain good relationships.
- Internet technologies, online media, and social media tools including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products including PowerPoint, Publisher; typing at least 65 WPM.
- Experience with the following is preferred: Google Suite (drive, docs, sheets, forms, slides), Constant Contact/MailChimp, Word Press, Social Media, Photography, Graphic Design.
There is a six-month probationary period for this position. A formal employee evaluation will be conducted at the end of each 90-days to review goals and determine achievement thereof. Evaluations may also occur on an as-needed basis as determined by the President & CEO.
Normal working hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Working hours may be adjusted depending on the needs of the organization.
Interested candidates should apply via email by sending a cover letter, resume, and signed authorization for release of information (below) to Show Me Christian County President & CEO: email@example.com. Resume should include three references (2 Professional & 1 Personal, to whom you are not related) along with name, telephone number, email address, and years known. Applicants who do not submit all the requested information are not guaranteed consideration. Application deadline: May 31, 2019.