Producer, Promotions & Special Events
Contact: Apply online.
Phone: No calls
Requisition ID 2019-5250
Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 169 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.9% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Promotions Producer - Special Events will be a highly motivated and creative individual. This position will be responsible for direction, coordination, and execution of special events and expositions. Previous experience in event management required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with General Manager, Director of Sales and sales staff in the development of special events and station expositions.
- Work independently in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and ensure that assigned projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Push the creative envelope to new heights while adhering to brand guidelines
- Produce client sponsored promotional content, as assigned
- Perform other related duties, as assignedRequirements & Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of on-air promotion experience as a writer/producer/event coordinator for TV or radio station, cable network, magazine or newspaper.
- Must have ability to work daytime hours regularly and flexible hours including weekends when needed
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to provide a portfolio of work examples -- include a web address with your resume or cover letter.
- Passion for strong image staging skills.
- Working knowledge of video and audio gear
- Possess excellent communication, presentation, organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with all departments
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop requiredPhysical Demands & Work Environment:
- The Promotions Producer must be able to stand, sit, operate a motor vehicle, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Promotions Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls for extended periods of time. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
- Apply online at https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com/jobs/5250/producer%2c-promotions/job