Company/organization: Lost & Found Grief Center
Contact: Laura Harrelson
Position: Administrative Assistant
Status: 40 hours/week; non-exempt
Salary: Commensurate with educational background and experience
Hours: Mon -Thurs 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-noon; (occasional evenings & weekends)
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing support for development, programs, events, and marketing in a fast-paced environment. This includes preparing donor correspondence, updating program materials and attendance sheets, and scheduling office and event volunteers. In addition, the Administrative Assistant will perform general office functions including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, basic bookkeeping, filing, mailings, answering the phone and other clerical tasks.
As the first point of contact, the person must be able to direct grieving families, both in person and over the phone, to the correct staff member for assistance. This position requires a person with strong organizational, communication, word processing, and editing skills.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
General Office and Financial Support
- Responsible for the operations of the reception area for the agency. Primary contact for all customers who enter the building and responsible for the referral to the appropriate staff person or community resource.
- Maintain gift entries in Raiser's Edge
- Maintain filing system for regulatory compliance, data collection and document destruction as per federal, state and agency requirements
- Provide assistance to staff members as needed
- Administer office communications related to telephone calls, referrals for services and must be highly competent in technology (phones, computer, internet, software, etc.)
- Maintain and administer the agency budget and inventory related to office and program supplies.
- Other duties as assigned
Program & Family Services Support
- Assist with calls regarding grief support groups and communication with families served
- Assist with planning and implementing volunteer facilitator recruitment, training, observations, and placement
- Assist with data entry into Apricot software
- Prepare correspondence and materials for grief support groups
- Assist the Event Coordinator with data entry into Greater Giving software
- Assist in preparing required materials for appointments and meetings with prospective and existing donors
- Assist with invoicing and financial documents for fundraising events
- Solicit and manage the schedule for office volunteers; help coordinate event volunteers with input from Event Coordinator
- Oversee volunteer hours and appreciation events
- Above average computer proficiency, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with families and volunteers
- High attention to detail
- Ability to stay organized despite frequent interruptions and to prioritize multiple tasks
- Integrity, a sense of humor, and professional appearance
Must be able to function harmoniously in a small non-profit organization as part of a multidisciplinary team. Must acknowledge and adhere to Lost & Found’s confidentiality policy & procedures.