Company/organization: O'Reilly Auto Parts
The Credit Analyst is responsible for enforcing Credit and Collections policies and procedures as directed by the Director of Credit and Collections and the Credit Manager. This position will manage collections for 250 or more stores in order to minimize loss to the company incurred with past due and charged off accounts. This role also provides excellent customer service and support as part of the Credit Department phone queue.
Essential Job Functions
- Enforce credit policies and procedures with branch store managers by maintaining contact on a regular basis to monitor past due accounts, including monthly, weekly, daily and equipment accounts.
- Enforce credit policy with customers and initiate appropriate collection action, as required.
- Keep Director of Credit and Collections and Credit Manager informed of exceptions to our credit policy, as appropriate.
- Advise and assist store managers with their collection efforts to ensure all options are considered.
- Utilize the Credit Management System tool to make sure all past due accounts are addressed.
- Evaluate credit risk for current customers for limit increases, special financing and other requests.
- Work with accounts receivables to gather information to collect on past due accounts.
- Work with store managers, field management and customers to negotiate repayment plans.
- Monitor accounts with payment plans for current payments and initiate collection action as appropriate.
- Work with customers to balance statements, reconcile accounts and provide all assistance requested.
- Provide excellent customer service, always practicing "One Call Does it All" in order to ensure good customer relations and maintain positive rapport with the field.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Able to prioritize projects and work independently with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Must be able to enforce Corporate credit policy with branch store managers and give constructive criticism.
- Prior collection experience including contacting and negotiating payment arrangements with customers.
- Must be proficient with basic functions of Windows applications including Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and Mozilla.
- Must be able to multitask in a very fast-paced office environment.
- Accounts receivables experience desired.
- Knowledge of O'Reilly store operations desired.
This is a full-time opportunity; two different shifts are available: Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. and Tuesday-Saturday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.