Substance Use Clinician (LCSW)
Company/organization: Jordan Valley Community Health Center
Contact: Ryan J. Trotter, Provider Recruiter
Jordan Valley Community Health Center
I am Jordan Valley! We Make a Difference!
Substance Use Clinician (LCSW or LMSW)
*Eligible for loan repayment program through NHSC (LCSW)
*Supervison is provided at no cost (LMSW)
- Master’s degree in Social Work.
- 2 years experience in a clinical setting.
- Current or working towards LCSW license.
- The Substance Use Clinician will provide individual therapy for 6-8 patients per day.
- Screen & evaluate individuals for mental health and substance abuse disorders.
- The Substance Use Clinician will provide group therapy weekly for patients.
- Behavioral support to assist individuals in improving health status and managing chronic illness.
- Meet regularly with the primary care team to plan care and discuss cases.
- Support primary care physicians/teams in identifying and behaviorally intervening with patients who could benefit from substance use/behavioral health needs within the primary care practice.
- Focus on managing a population of patients versus specialty care.
- Identification of problem behavior(s), discussion of impact and decisions regarding care.
- Develop specific and goal directed interventions with the use of monitoring forms, behavioral “prescription” and using multiple interventions simultaneously.
- Provide educational materials, handout, and use teach back strategies tailored to patient’s specific issue.
- Provide clear and concise feedback to Primary Care Provider, describe action plan and establish plan for follow up.
- Promotes effective working relations and work effectively as part of a team to facilitate the Clinic’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Attains all agreed to goals and objectives within specified time frames, as part of the Clinic’s overall mission.
- Responsibly follows the Clinic Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- All other duties as assigned.