Is your small business still dealing with filing cabinets and printouts? Old school copiers or printers? While some documents do need to be printed and stored, most can be digitized, delivering multiple benefits to your business. Here are four ways digitizing data helps you build a better business.
- Save money. Digitizing documents and storing them in the cloud helps cut costs. On a practical level, you’ll need less office space since you’ll have fewer physical records to store. Using Xerox Web Capture can help you keep costs down as well. It works with any brand of scanner so you don’t need to invest in new equipment.
- Save time. Storing documents digitally is faster than having employees spend hours printing, sorting, and filing. Finding documents and information is easier too. Instead of digging through file cabinets and folders, all you have to do is a quick search in the cloud. Agree on a standardized digital filing and naming system to make things even easier.
- Enhance collaboration. When your business data is available in the cloud, you and your employees can access it anytime, anywhere. Digitizing documents makes it easier for your team, freelancers, and independent contractors to work together, even if you’re spread across the country or around the world.
- Improve data security. Printed documents are vulnerable to prying eyes, loss, or even theft. When information is stored in the cloud, however, you can set security restrictions to protect the data. For additional security, choose a tool such as Xerox® Mobile Link that lets you add PDF passwords to documents.
Once you see the advantages of using data digitization in your small business, you need to put it to work for you. Here’s how:
- Decide where to store your data online. You probably already use one or more cloud-based storage services like Google Drive, Dropbox, or Office 365 to store and share files for your business. If so, speed up your document digitization process by using Xerox ConnectKey Apps. Just download to a ConnectKey enabled printer or MFP and you can automatically connect to your cloud-based apps and email accounts.
- Be prepared to digitize data from anywhere. For data digitization to work, you need to do it consistently. That means you may have to digitize documents outside the office. With the Xerox Mobile Link mobile app, you can scan, fax, store, and print documents with your phone or tablet. Just connect your devices with Xerox MFPs to automatically send scanned documents to email contacts, cloud storage, and Xerox MFPs simultaneously.
- Simplify data import to apps. Do you frequently have to transfer data from purchase orders, invoices or receipts into applications like Office 365, QuickBooks, or SalesForce? Scanning paper documents, creating and renaming files, and importing them to an application is time-consuming. Xerox Web Capture simplifies the task. It works with most web-based applications to automatically scan documents and import them directly into your business apps.
- Properly dispose of digitized documents. Keep your data secure by discarding all sensitive paper documents appropriately once you’ve scanned, saved, and stored them. Shred documents in-house or use a reputable shredding service to handle the job. When it comes to your data, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
When you’re looking to save time and money, few solutions do double duty like digitization. To get on the road to improving the way your business runs by digitizing your documents, call us today.
Document Solutions of Springfield is proud to be the Xerox MFP and technology dealer serving southwest Missouri for over 23 years. With over 35 years of Xerox technology experience, our goal is to provide the community with the latest products, solutions, technology trends & other means of information and help your company make educated business decisions.
Our job involves helping clients answer questions and find ways to achieve success by improving efficiency, productivity, and controlling costs.
Come visit our showroom at Plaza Towers at the corner of Sunshine and Glenstone, visit our website at www.DocumentSolutionsInc.net or call us at (417) 883-2416. We’re here to help!