Retail Loss Sr. Operations Analyst
Contact: Karen Westfall
This opportunity will allow you to play a meaningful role in the Expedia, Inc. Global Retail Loss Team. Expedia, Inc. has been focused on growing its leadership position in markets with revenues in both international and domestic markets growing rapidly year over year. As a meaningful part of the Global Service Delivery Team, the Global Retail Loss Team is accountable for building a suite of robust reports and analysis that many partners use to effectively operate the business with minimal risk.
The Sr. Retail Loss Operations Analyst will be primarily responsible for quantitative and qualitative analysis and decision support on a wide range of retail loss issues. This will require the ability to extract information and insights from data sources as well as developing the reports and the user interface for interacting with them and effectively disseminating the information.
You would be part of a team whose goal is to increase the bottom line by decreasing expenditures to customer’s starting with our global contact centers, raising optimization and operational opportunities to Senior Leadership. This starts with effectively getting the information in front of the contact centers to review and identify said optimizations with in-depth analytics to paint the picture.
The focus of this position goes beyond pulling data, organizing it, and crafting reports – the object is to assist the team in pursuing complex business problems by converting raw data into actionable business insights through development of recurring, and if at all possible, automated reports, dashboards and qualitative data to meet the teams ongoing needs.
- You would be responsible for building efficient, testable, and reusable MSSQL queries
- Attend meetings, travel to contact centers, research and observe to understand business processes and effectiveness of our output through our reporting.
- Identification of untapped revenue improvement opportunities, and production of compelling strategic recommendations in a clear and professional manner using data as a base, where possible.
- Research and assess risk management processes and record the results using software such as Microsoft Access, Excel and Word.
- Provide ad hoc advice and guidance to service delivery managers and staff at various levels sometimes by delivering courses and training sessions.
- Perform risk assessments on key business activities and idealize and recommend solutions to reduce risk
- Anticipate emerging issues through research and interviews, gathering requirements and suggesting solutions on how best to handle them.
- Evaluate and report retail loss related business performance
- Troubleshoot day-to-day issues across internal and external teams to arrive at solutions quickly
- Prepare reports to highlight issues and problems and distribute reports to an applicable audience.
- Ad-hoc data analysis
- Generate and disseminate reporting to ensure that the wider team is aware of compliance performance
- Maintain daily, monthly and quarterly reporting processes and procedures.
- Validate report results and ensure consistency. Work within the team to investigate data integrity and troubleshoot issues.
- Strong knowledge of MSSQL
- Basic understanding of Teradata, Tableau and MySQL a plus
- To be successful in this role you will have exceptional attention to detail in executing complex projects and time-sensitive deliverables with competing priorities
- Possess the ability to develop strong working relationships with internal peers and can get cooperation in a non-authority relationship
- Programming languages such as VB and Python are a plus but not required
- Have the tools to take data and translate it into actual business insights, recommendations, and ultimately persuade partners to a recommendation.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Strong decision-making skills
- High degree of business, travel, and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Ability to analyze business problems, develop and apply solutions
- Strength in using analytics to take on problems
- Influential organizational and enterprise navigation skills
- Ability and willingness to negotiate
- Eagerness to build and maintain formal and informal networks
- Concentrated focus, yet the ability to work on multiple competing priorities and switch tasks based on priority effectively.
- Accepting and unaltered by a constantly changing work environment.