Connecting young professionals with area non-profits
One area where the Network for Young Professionals is always looking to help its members is in getting connected to the community. That includes the community’s non-profit organizations.
That’s why The Network held a Non-Profit Reception on August 31. The event, held at the Discovery Center, was an opportunity for YPs to hear from representatives of several area non-profit organizations. Groups represented at the event included:
- A Girl Like Me Network
- American Red Cross of Southern Missouri
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Springfield
- Breast Cancer Foundation of the Ozarks
- Club Blue
- Council of Churches of the Ozarks
- Court Appointed Special Advocates
- Community Blood Center of the Ozarks
- FosterAdopt Connect
- Foundation for Springfield Public Schools
- The Geek Foundation
- Hospice Foundation of the Ozarks
- Isabel’s House
- James River Basin Partnership
- The Kitchen
- Springfield Regional Arts Council
- United Way of the Ozarks
Attendees heard a brief presentation from Brian Fogle, president of the Community Foundation of the Ozarks. He talked about the importance of being connected to the community, and of doing what you love.
“Choose a life that matters,” he said, “and pay attention to what matters most.”
Anyone interested in getting more involved with volunteer opportunities in our community can visit The Network's website to learn more.