A vote for these candidates is a vote for economic growth
Electing well-rounded, thoughtful civic leaders who focus on the big picture of Springfield’s future is essential for our community to thrive and prosper. We need a City Council that is made up of individuals who see the importance of prioritizing economic development and job creation, infrastructure investment and public safety. We must elect professional, proven leaders who set a clear agenda for the City of Springfield, build consensus and shape our future.
These are the candidates endorsed by the Springfield Good Government Committee, a partnership between the Home Builders Association of Greater Springfield and the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce. We encourage you to support these candidates on the April 4 ballot.
Ken McClure – Mayor (General Seat D/Mayor Pro Tem/incumbent)
- Ken’s management and financial skills have been well developed in top-level positions including:
- Chief of Staff, Office of former Gov. Matt Blunt
- Associate General Manager - Administration, City Utilities
- Chairman of the Public Service Commission
- VP for Administrative and Information Services, Missouri State University
- He is committed to working together with counterparts at the County to resolve the jail and other criminal justice issues.
- Having served as Deputy Director for Economic Development for the State of Missouri, he knows the importance of supporting measures to strengthen Springfield’s workforce and boost job creation. During his time on Council, his leadership has been critical to bringing Uber and Lyft to Springfield and he has supported planned expansions of Kraft Heinz and 3M Company.
Jan Fisk – General Seat A (incumbent)
- Jan and her husband founded J. Howard Fisk Limousines, Inc., in Springfield in 1976.
- Focused on small business growth and encouraging building and development, Jan is committed to enlisting stakeholders and evaluating regulations to reduce delays, streamline processes and help businesses navigate the regulatory process.
- Jan has served as a volunteer leader for the Springfield Symphony Association, the History Museum of Springfield, Girls Scouts of the Missouri Heartland and Junior League of Springfield.
Craig Hosmer – General Seat B (incumbent)
- Craig is a partner at Hosmer, King, and Royce, LLC.
- Craig’s public service experience includes a stint in the Missouri House of Representatives for the 138th District from 1990-2002, where he served as chair of the Criminal Law Committee.
- He is a strong voice for data-driven investments in our public safety needs.
Phyllis Ferguson – Zone 1 (incumbent)
- Phyllis has been instrumental in workforce and public safety initiatives to strengthen her zone and our community, including her support and leadership in locating a Missouri Job Center office in north Springfield.
- She is a past member of the Planning and Zoning Commission, Commercial Street Task Force, Sign Ordinance Review Task Force and the Springfield-Greene County Park Board.
- Phyllis serves as Chief Operating Officer/Treasurer for Mexican Villa Food Products.
Dr. Tom Prater – Zone 2 (incumbent)
- Dr. Prater is a practicing physician who has also served on the Board of Education for Springfield Public Schools, so he understands the connection between education, economic growth, workforce development and job creation.
- His experience and engagement in the community have given him the depth of understanding needed to make critical budget decisions.
Craig Fishel – Zone 4 (incumbent)
- Craig has lived in Zone 4 since 1969 and has owned a small business in Springfield, Fishel Pools, for more than 40 years.
- Having dealt with permitting and inspections on a daily basis in his own business, Craig understands the many ways in which the city’s policies and regulations impact the cost of doing business.
- Craig has supported economic development projects such as the unique Galloway area in Springfield.