Join Us for the 2016 Small Business Award
Five area businesses will be honored on May 4 as finalists for the 2016 W. Curtis Strube Small Business Award. Here’s a look at this year’s honorees:
- Club Management Services, LLC is a comprehensive club and association administrative business. It offers professional services including board support, attendance tracking, dues collection, program planning and preparation of newsletters and membership directories.
- Interactive Dynamics, LLC is a subsidiary of Strafford-based American Products and comprises three software, technology and manufacturing brands: The App Pros LLC, DustShield LLC and Phoenix Kiosk. It offers business productivity solutions to companies in multiple industries.
- Lew’s Fishing Tackle/Do Outdoors, Inc. is a Springfield-based retailer of fishing and outdoors equipment. Lew’s was founded in 1949; today, the Lew’s brand is owned by Do Outdoors Inc.
- Q & Company, LLC is a general contracting company founded by Rick Quint and many other former employees of Walton Construction, which closed its Springfield operations in 2010. Staff members’ project portfolios include multiple commercial and manufacturing facilities throughout the Ozarks.
- Revel Advertising is a full-service advertising and marketing agency offering design and marketing services. Its client list includes Missouri State University athletics, Atlas Security, Paragon Architecture and Metropolitan National Bank, now Bear State Bank.
The award is named for Dr. W. Curtis Strube, the late director of the Breech School of Business Administration at Drury University. He was a dedicated advocate of small business and founder of the Chamber’s Small Business Council.
Honorees are determined by written applications scored by an independent panel of judges and has been presented by the Chamber since 1992. The application consists of written essays on company history, management philosophy, responses to challenges, innovation in product and service offerings and contributions to the community.
Connell Insurance, Inc. is presenting sponsor for the awards event.