Going green should not only save the planet, it should also save you money.
Here are some strategies that can help you to green up your business using Xerox machines and others that require no special equipment:
1. Return toner bottles and cartridges for recycling. The Xerox recycling program has kept millions of used supplies out of landfills. To learn more about our program or to send back your used supplies, visit the Xerox Green World Alliance site.
2. Replace stand-alone devices with MFPs. Instead of buying several individual fax machines or printers, buy one product that can print, copy, scan and fax. You'll save money by purchasing supplies for only one device instead of several. Plus, you'll reduce the energy that you would have used to power separate devices.
3. Choose energy-saving products. Save money on energy bills by choosing ENERGY STAR compliant printers and multifunction printers. Make sure ENERGY STAR is enabled before you start using the equipment. Did you know some Xerox products can learn your workgroup's usage patterns and automatically adjust between power saving and ready modes to help conserve energy.
4. Duplex print and copy. Using both sides of a page is the best way to reduce paper use. Double-sided printing is available on most Xerox products, as is a document feeder that can scan both sides of a page at once for fast double-sided copying
5. Use scanning to enable digital workflows. Xerox multifunction printers can be your on-ramp for turning paper files into electronic ones. Scanning documents makes them easy to archive, share, email and retrieve. This saves time spent searching for information, and saves money by reducing paper document warehousing or storage costs.
6. Implement secure printing, which holds jobs at the device until a user enters a PIN to claim them. A time-out feature deletes unclaimed jobs, preventing stacks of forgotten prints from piling up at the device. Xerox Secure Print also prevents unauthorized viewing of sensitive documents – a necessity in many legal, health care and financial organizations.
7. Use recycled paper and recycle used paper. Recycling paper fiber saves trees, energy, water and chemicals. Keep a recycling box at each desk to make it easy to collect used paper. Often use just one side of the paper? Before you send to recycling, cut your non-sensitive data print outs into quarters to use as note pads. Then recycle! And choose environmentally preferable papers such as recycled content papers, and papers certified to sustainable forest management standards (FSC or SFI).