Executive Assistant & Office Manager
Company/organization: Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri
Contact: Tish Boothe
The Executive Assistant / Office Manager plays a vital role in the smooth and effective running of Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri’s (CCSOMO) corporate office, providing direct support to the Executive Director, and administrating overall office management. The ideal candidate will possess a desire to serve others, enjoy performing in a support role, and actively seek out opportunities to anticipate and respond to the needs of the Executive Director and the agency as a whole.
The Executive Assistant / Office Manager should possess superior problem solving skills, and be comfortable performing a wide variety of job tasks, often balancing multiple projects simultaneously. Candidate will need to interact and deliver economic and culturally-sensitive services to people of diverse backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Commitment to Mission, Vision, and Values of CCSOMO.
- Commitment to follow Catholic social teaching in all aspects of the duties of this position.
- Strict adherence to rules of confidentiality.
- Serve as key liaison between Executive Director (ED) and key internal and external partners, clients and institutions, providing excellent customer service.
- Maintain the Executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, and travel; maintain calendar for all members of Leadership team.
- Provide high level operational and administrative support to ED as needed, and coordinate support for all professional staff at the corporate office.
- Manage internal communication and prioritization, including organizing and filtering email and messaging, flagging and managing action items and tracking follow-up items.
- Complete invoicing, expense reports, reimbursements and travel arrangements for individuals and groups.
- Manage additional professional and personal projects for ED as needed.
- Conduct research and draft memos for ED.
- Manage ED’s social media platforms with CCSOMO Communication Director (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn).
- In collaboration with the Development Director support the ED’s cultivation and stewardship of donors including but not limited to drafting regular correspondence and emails and planning events and meetings.
- Record and document meeting minutes and discussions.
- Develop and utilize filing and retrieval systems.
- Produce information and documents by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Manage or assist with projects and conducting research as requested.
- Prepare reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Assist as a liaison with other agency staff, requesting information and following up on tasks.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Manage and support Administrative, Clerical and Volunteer staff in the overall corporate office, with commitment to helping them grow professionally.
- Collaborate and organize office tasks and events with other area office Administrative Assistants.
- Manages the tasks and daily schedules of office personnel.
- Oversees supplies and equipment orders for general office use.
- Maintains the overall office environment, including organization and layout.
- Help create, maintain and update binders for grants.
- Respond appropriately to comments and questions from the organization website.
- Assists HR with establishing and implementing office policies.
- Manages logistics for staff and agency meetings and retreats.
- Support large-volume mailings and packet compilations and filing.
- Assist with additional general office tasks as needed.
- Acts as primary staff liaison for the Board.
- Assists Executive Director with meeting preparation.
- Record and document meeting minutes and discussions.
- Creates and distributes meeting minutes and information packets.
- Manages communications to board members regarding meetings, events, gatherings, etc.
- Manage booking of meetings, location and service vendor(s).
- Maintains all Board documentation, including the Board binder, Orientation book, and annual certifications.
Education, Licensure, and Certification
The Executive Assistant / Office Manager must have a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business or Office Administration.
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications
- Ability to understand and adhere to all Privacy and Confidentiality policies. Exercises sound judgement and discretion in dealing with highly confidential and sensitive business matters.
- Flexibility in a highly dynamic environment, with a proven track record of successfully multi-tasking.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and highly effective personal organization skills.
- Computer, software, telecommunication and conferencing skills.
- Strong writing, proofreading, verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Google Suite including Gmail. Knowledge of and experience with scheduling, planning, and other office based software is a plus.
- Excellent web and technology skills and comfortable with troubleshooting common technical issues.
- Comfortable learning new technical/computer skills as they arise
- Excellent listening and information gathering skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to take initiative, as well as ability to work as part of a team. Enjoys performing a support role that enables other staff to perform at their best.
- Sense of humor and creativity.
- High level of comfort interacting with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Ability to receive and offer clear feedback effectively.
- Ability to handle large variety of details and work under pressure across all levels of organization.
- Experience in facilitating meetings and logistics is preferred.
- Customer Service or Administrative/Executive Assistance background and experience is preferred.
Special Working Conditions
- This position may require extended periods of standing, sitting, as well as some repetitive movements, and/or bending and repetitive lifting of 25 pounds of weight.
- Some in-state travel may be required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key components and primary responsibilities of this position.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle, and proof of personal auto insurance.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is competitive, and based on qualifications and experience.
Benefits include a full range of health insurance (medical, dental, vision and prescription), pension plan contributions, vacation, and other benefits detailed in the Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri Employee Handbook.
Performance Quality Improvement (PQI)
The Performance Quality Improvement (PQI) program of Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri (CCSOMO) promotes excellence and continuous improvement in all functions of client care, support services and the organization. PQI is embedded in all aspects of CCSOMO’s daily work and in its strategic, long-term development. Staff in all areas of the Agency are empowered to play an active role in improving program/client outcomes and overall organizational performance. The PQI process is designed to be inclusive and transparent. The combined elements of the PQI program enable the Agency to make effective and timely use of collected data and to take corrective action and/or develop and implement programs in order to reach the highest standards attainable.
Apply online at: https://www.ccsomo.org/employment/
Upon completion of online application, you will receive an email with pre-screen questions for this position.
"Section 3 applicants are requested to apply"