Agency Outreach Coordinator
Company/organization: Ozarks Food Harvest
Contact: Mary Zumwalt
Job Title: Agency Outreach Coordinator
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
At Ozarks Food Harvest, we’re passionate about making a difference in the lives of others — especially those who are food insecure. We believe everyone deserves enough to eat so that they can lead a full and healthy life. Each member of our team is proud of his or her work because we know collectively we are making a real impact. Our mission has helped us build strong careers and a culture dedicated to working smart and hard.
We encourage you to view a behind-the-scenes video showcasing our work at ozarksfoodharvest.org
The Agency Outreach Coordinator develops and maintains relationships with partner agencies throughout Ozarks Food Harvest’ 28 Missouri counties network, with emphasis on, but not limited to, monitoring, education, technical assistance and program development, in adherence with guidelines developed by Feeding America and Ozarks Food Harvest.
- Conduct site visits to partner agencies to ensure membership compliance.
- Oversee the administrative responsibilities of the online software program, Charity Tracker. Also, train and offer support to agencies currently on the program and bringing new partner agencies on.
- Participate in quarterly regional meetings, which focus on all areas of the membership agreement, bringing outside resources available to partner agencies and relatable topics that partner agencies are interested in.
- Teach monthly food safety classes to members needing certification in food handling.
Additional Responsibilities May Include
- Actively participate in scheduled Membership Committee and Feeding America network meetings, when possible.
- Network with other social service and food assistance organizations by attending agency and community meetings.
- Attend out-of-town conferences, workshops and other related events to promote continuous quality improvement and evaluate alternative programming.
- Advocate at local, state, and federal levels for hunger relief and poverty.
- Identifying underserved communities and counties through research to better serve underprivileged areas.
- Participate in Mobile Pantry distributions
- Bachelor’s degree in social work and/or other human services field
- 3 years’ work experience; at least two in social services preferred
- Willing to receive (or currently have) ServSafe certification in order to teach Food Safety Classes to member agencies
- Detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel
- Must possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills for an audience including, but not limited to, staff, corporate and community leaders, private sector sponsors, donors, etc.
- Enjoys and has the ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Knowledge of the greater Ozarks area and willingness to learn challenges of rural poverty
- Physical requirements-must be able to stand/walk throughout the day, lift product up to 50 lbs.
- Work schedule flexibility
- Valid MO Driver’s License
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- Flexible Spending Account
- 403B Retirement Plan
- Great work environment
Please send a resume, along with a cover letter to: email@example.com with “Agency Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line. Please do not contact Ozarks Food Harvest directly.