Company/organization: Ozarks Food Harvest
Contact: Mary Zumwalt
Job Title: Supplemental Nutrition Assitance Program (SNAP) Coordinator
Department: Member Services
Objective of Job: To increase participation in the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and leverage government resources to increase and support the SNAP outreach activities of member agencies.
Summary: Coordinates Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Outreach in assigned region by assisting clients throughout the SNAP application process. The Outreach Coordinator must be well organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of helping individual and families in the community obtain benefits. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability, confidentiality to detail are equally important.
- Recruit potential SNAP partners in an effort to increase the level of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) outreach they are conducting in order to achieve effective application assistance.
- Collect and disseminate information about SNAP outreach activities conducted by Ozarks Food Harvest members.
- Collaborate with food banks, consultants, state, county and federal partners to develop effective localized outreach campaigns and strategies.
- Provide one-on-one technical assistance to member agencies or other potential SNAP partners.
- Identify and foster innovative SNAP outreach strategies and initiatives that can be replicated in individual states.
- Identify collaborative opportunities and foster partnerships between Network members and local community organizations, lawmakers, businesses, USDA, and other stakeholder groups actively engaged and/or interested in SNAP outreach.
- Provide government relations service and support, including strategizing, troubleshooting, and technical support on SNAP issues to the Feeding America national office, Network members and state food bank associations.
- Assist in the daily management and implementation of SNAP outreach initiatives identified in the Feeding America strategic plan.
- Assist in development and implementation of the annual SNAP outreach plan.
- Work with the necessary partners to gain food bank inclusion on all outreach plans.
- Respond to requests for information about SNAP from Ozarks Food Harvest, associations and other partner organizations.
- Complete special projects as required and assigned.
- Assist in other departmental responsibilities as required and assigned.
- Represent the organization as requested at conferences, national forums and other venues.
- Organize, moderate or conduct workshops at conferences, national forums and other venues.
- 2+ years of experience in program coordination or outreach
- Working knowledge of SNAP and its regulations, including the Program’s eligibility requirements, state administrative options and administrative structure.
- Strong understanding of the federal and state legislative and regulatory processes
- Ability to think creatively and strategically as part of a team and within broad coalitions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Commitment to Ozarks Food Harvest’ mission to Transform Hunger into Hope
Please send a resume, along with a cover letter to: email@example.com with “SNAP Coordinator” in the subject line. Please do not contact Ozarks Food Harvest directly.