Unemployment Claims Specialist
Company/organization: O'Reilly Auto Parts
The Unemployment Claims Specialist processes unemployment claims within assigned states within set deadlines, responds to claims with proper documentation, prepares and processes appeals to charges, and prepares hearing representatives with all necessary documents and arguments for hearings. They are also responsible for tracking all claims, charges and no charges, and rehire eligibility requests within a set time frame.
Essential Job Functions
- Researches and compiles information necessary to respond to unemployment claims.
- Prepares written responses to these claims based on separation information.
- Compiles and tracks all claim results.
- Responds to requests for additional separation information from states.
- Prepares for unemployment hearings and coaches management on participation.
- Completes separation notices in required states.
- Compiles and analyzes unemployment results on a monthly basis and reports to Manager.
- Researches unemployment and other state laws as required.
- Review quarterly statements to determine accuracy and protest charges as needed.
- Process all assigned rehire requests.
- Process all requested wage verifications.
Skills and Qualifications
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, Adobe.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent reading and comprehension skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws desired.
This is a full-time opportunity; Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.