Product Manager - Backroom
Company/organization: O'Reilly Auto Parts
The Product Manager - Backroom is responsible for managing multiple product categories with annual sales revenue between $75 million to $300 million. The Product Manager identifies strategic initiatives to improve key performance metrics for their respective categories and works with multiple departments to coordinate and oversee those initiatives. The Product Manager - Backroom develops and maintains expertise in the product categories for which they are responsible through ongoing market research, product and supplier analysis, and extensive financial analysis. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, excellent communicator and have a willingness to learn and grow with the company, as well as demonstrate superior leadership and negotiation skills. Come Work At The O today!
Essential Job Functions
- Maximize profitability metrics and create competitive advantages within assigned product categories.
- Present formal business review for assigned product categories and identify key initiatives.
- Coordinate with suppliers, company stores, and other corporate departments to execute merchandise and supply chainprojects.
- Ongoing market research to understand and address competitive programs
- Visit current and potential supplier manufacturing facilities (occasional overseas travel required).
- Present product and supplier recommendations to senior and executive level management.
- Monitor product quality through warranty review and continuous improvement processes reviews.
Skills and Qualifications
- B.S. in Business Administration, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, or 5+ years of equivalent automotive retail experience.
- Strong grasp of accounting principles and financial performance metrics.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, analytical, and committed to Excellent Customer Service.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel as a tool for data analysis.
- Previous experience in the automotive aftermarket preferred.
- Strong automotive knowledge is preferred.
This is a full-time opportunity; Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.