Operational Risk Analyst
Company/organization: Expedia Group
Contact: Karen Westfall
Are you an experienced internal auditor or risk professional looking to have an even bigger impact on operations? Come join our team of Operational Risk Analysts at Expedia Group and make a difference! We partner directly with our financial operations teams to document, quantify, and manage risk. In this role, you will engage with operations teams to document the control environment through risk assessments and flowcharts, design new internal controls, identify improvement opportunities for processes (efficiency and effectiveness), and help to design key risk indicators in order to continually monitor risk. We challenge you to move beyond the world of internal audit and directly influence and improve operations. Come be a part of our Operational Risk Management Team!
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Preferably 4+ years’ experience within an internal control, internal audit or public accounting environment
- You possess knowledge and understanding of internal controls (identification/defining/assessment) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance/testing
- You will have excellent analytical (Excel/SQL), social and communication skills
- Project management experience/certification
- It is preferred that you have your CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC or other relevant audits, accountancy or risk management professional certification
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of employees
- Ability to work autonomously, or as part of a cross-functional/global team
- Strong time management skills and ability to deliver. Can effectively manage multiple projects and timelines in accordance with stakeholder's requirements
- Strong critical thinking, initiative, drive, and an interest in technology
- Ability to clearly articulate risk concepts
- Able to think globally while driving strategic activities
- You possess the ability to develop influence cross-functionally
- Willingness to travel and be part of a Global team
What you do:
- You will develop positive relationships with business partners and peers, to aid in supporting the development and optimization of the EGP internal control framework, whilst supporting wider risk mitigation strategies
- Support the effective and timely execution of internal controls with control performers, owners, and operational leadership
- Provide mentorship to control performers/owners, and operational leadership regarding internal control gaps, or deficiencies, and assist in the effective and timely remediation thereof
- Maintain and review for appropriateness, standard internal control framework documentation and reporting (including process flowcharts)
- Administer internal control systems
- You will conduct periodic risk assessments of operational areas to identify areas of risk, including the documentation of risks, identification of risk owners, measurement of risks, and facilitation of appropriate risk treatment plans
- You will support the department strategic priority to support the implementation of preventative and automated controls by actively identifying/pursuing opportunities
- Coordinate internal/external stakeholders to enhance control visibility/efforts across groups
- You will provide leadership by facilitating meetings, directing projects, and representing the Quality and Operation Risk Management team
- You will foster an environment of positive employee morale and effective teamwork
- You will draft and distribute reporting on the effectiveness of controls to stakeholders, and proactively highlight areas of risk
- Oversee the maintenance of SOX documentation within the company’s GRC tool
Why join us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.