Early Childhood Education Center Cook
Company/organization: Ozarks Technical Community College
Contact: Human Resources
Department: Technical Education
Salary Range: $11.50 - $16.00
Immediate Supervisor: Early Childhood Education Center Director
Schedule Details: Full-time (Scheduled hours will fall between 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)/9 month position/PEERS
The Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC) Cook is responsible for the planning, preparation, and cleanup of daily meals for the Early Childhood Education Center.
Essential Job Duties
- Plan and prepare menus with assistance and approval by the ECEC Director.
- Prepare breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack each day the ECEC is in operation, according to the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
- Maintain necessary records in accordance with the CACFP.
- Discuss any changes in menus and food purchases with ECEC Director.
- Order and purchase all food with approval by ECEC Director.
- Meet all requirements as designated by the Missouri State Department of Health and Senior Services including sanitation, child care licensure, and CACFP guidelines.
- Be sensitive to children and their needs, including allergies and special needs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct, positive attitude, and supportive culture.
- Exercise initiative and assess workload, prioritize workflow, and use independent judgment to support effective daily kitchen management and operations.
- Effectively collaborate with colleagues and parents to build positive relationships within the preschool environment, the OTC environment, and the community.
- Work collaboratively with the ECEC staff as a cohesive and effective team in managing the daily operations of the Center and promotion of the Early Childhood Development program.
- Assist with planning and implementation of special events.
- Maintain a professional attitude and treat all children, families, and colleagues with dignity and respect.
- Maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Maintain confidentiality of children, parents, colleagues, and practicum students, as well as records and all information.
- Know and adhere to the policies of the program in regards to:
- Licensing and accreditation guidelines
- Communicable diseases and exclusion of sick children
- First aid and medical emergency
- Emergency procedures
- Mandated reporting procedures
- Center dress code and professionalism
- Reporting personal illness when needing a sick day or requesting time off
- Missouri Move Smart guidelines
- NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct
- FERPA and HIPPA confidentiality guidelines within the classroom and ECEC
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience in food service.
- Ability to pass or provide transfer documentation of a medical examination as required by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
- Ability to pass a tuberculosis test or provide proof of current test or risk assessment.
- Ability to be approved by the state Family Care Safety Registry.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Associate degree in culinary arts or a related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Experience working in food service in an early childhood or early elementary setting.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds unassisted.
Environment: Work is performed in a variety of settings including, but not limited to: commercial kitchen and standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a commercial kitchen; to stand for prolonged periods of time with frequent bending and stooping; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents:
- OTC Application for Employment
- Cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements
- Your professional resume
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.