Plant Operator Trainee
Company/organization: City of Springfield
Come join one of the City's award-winning teams! The current vacancies for the Plant Operator Trainee are at our Southwest Treatment Plant (SWTP), located at the confluence of Wilson's Creek and South Creek. The plant is designed to produce an effluent which can be discharged into Wilson's Creek without having any negative environmental impact on the river water quality. As a Plant Operator Trainee, you will serve as a trainee in the plant operations program. You will receive on-the-job training regarding duties relating to the operation of an air activated sludge and pure oxygen activated sludge plant.
The current work shift for this vacancy is 6:00 am - 6:00 pm rotating work days on a bi-weekly basis; Work shift is subject to change.
To learn more about the City's Wastewater Treatment Plants, visit our website
Experience, Education, and Training
- At least six months of experience in the operation of an activated sludge wastewater treatment plant, or in a closely related area;
- Degree in biology, environmental science, or similar area;
- Possession of current Class D Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations Certificate may be substituted for experience/degree requirement.
- Obtain and maintain a Missouri class "D" wastewater treatment plant operations certificate within probationary period.
- Must obtain and maintain a Class "B" Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with appropriate endorsements within the following guidelines: Pass written portion of exam within 90 days of employment and skills test portion within 120 days of employment.