Staff Accountant I - Inventory
Company/organization: O'Reilly Auto Parts
The Staff Accountant I - Inventory is a professional position with various responsibilities related to the company's accounting for inventory, vendor receivables, and accruals.
Essential Job Functions
- Monthly recording of cost of sales and inventory movements including analysis thereof.
- Reconcile inventory balance sheet accounts.
- Analyze cost changes and the impact on inventory.
- Inventory costing and vendor relations.
- Maintain and reconcile vendor rebates, vendor receivables, and vendor note receivables. Accuracy is critical in this area to reflect income and balance sheet accounts appropriately.
Skills and qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, paired with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong PC spreadsheet, data manipulation, data extractions, and word processing skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
This is a full-time opportunity; Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.