Company/organization: Hayden Machinery
Contact: Sarah Hayden
Hayden Machinery currently has an opportunity in our Accounting Department for an Accounts Payable position. This position is responsible for ensuring the company’s payments to vendors and entire purchase order processes and procedures are effective and in compliance.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Sets objectives for accounts payable that align with the accounting department’s goals.
- Generates, reviews and processes invoices as needed in appropriate system (Quickbooks or Aspen) based on company ensuring all negotiated vendor contracts are paid as agreed on and update payables.
- Posts draft vouchers and print checks as directed by Controller
- Reconciles employee advance accounts and credit card accounts.
- Reviews new customer credit accounts as directed by the parts department conducting credit checks as needed.
- Generates reports, calculates taxes and files state sales taxes monthly.
- Submits fuel logs and receipts quarterly.
- Prepares leases for vehicles and other items annually.
- Prepares 1099s and submits documentation to IRS.
- Reconciles petty cash.
- Verifies validity of accounts by obtaining and investigating information from various departments (parts, sales, etc.) and from vendors.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reports.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Organizes records of invoices, bills and deposits.
- Ensures high-quality invoicing procedures that comply with the law.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and staying updated on industry and legislative changes.
- Collects and processes mail.
- Provides backup to Accounts Receivable when necessary.
- Provides occasional backup to Receptionist when necessary.
- Communicates effectively and courteously to clients, employees, and vendors via telephone or in person, when required.
- Performs additional related duties as requested.
Position Skills and Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience in Accounts Payable required.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, team environment with frequent interruptions along with accuracy and attention to detail.
Email resume and cover letter to Sarah at email@example.com.