Director, Compensation & Benefits
Company/organization: International Dehydrated Foods, Inc.
Contact: Andrea Turner
The Director of Compensation & Benefits – North America is the organizational expert and lead for the development and execution of the compensation and benefits strategy. This role reports to the Vice President of Human Resources and has fiduciary responsibilities for compensation and benefits plans.
Collaborates with NAM (North America) senior management to ensure compensation and benefits practices are designed to attract and retain top talent. Designs, implements, and conducts evaluation of the organization’s compensation and benefits programs, including base pay, incentive pay, health and welfare benefits, and retirement benefits. Works with senior management to ensure that compensation and benefits programs support the organization’s business objectives and compliance with all legal requirements.
- Lead the compensation and benefits function to effectively design, implement and manage the strategy, philosophy, programs, policies and initiatives while maintaining cost, quality, service and process controls.
- Provide insight and bring innovative strategies to benefits design and administration enabling associates to optimize value for every dollar spent.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing health, welfare and wellness plans, recommending changes which provide value to associates, are within or below budget and consistent with benefit trends and organizational objectives.
- Facilitate integration initiatives related to compensation and benefit designs.
- Support NAM compensation and benefits including manufacturing facilities and the Springfield office.
- Oversee the administration of vendor contracts for associate benefit programs including health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and retirement plans to ensure associates are receiving cost competitive services and excellent customer service from all benefit providers.
- Direct the preparation and timely distribution of various plan documents that govern the operation of our health and welfare benefit plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 10 – 15 years prior experience leading benefits and compensation design, budget and analytics and HRIS platform. (10+ years experience directing benefit and compensation programs including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Programs, Flexible Spending Accounts, Family Medical Leave Act, base pay, incentive pay, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of Benefits design, ERISA and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with compensation structure design and FLSA.
- Master’s degree, with a concentration in Human Resources Management or business-related area of study.
- Experience integrating multiple entities preferred.