Administrative Director of Financial Services
Contact: Ashley Gregory
Cox Medical Group is seeking an experienced Administrative Director of Financial Services. This administrative executive will work directly with hospital and medical group leaders to develop and implement support processes and systems to improve operations.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage personnel to assure quality of service and positive employee engagement.
- Maintain a knowledge of legal issues specifically regarding compliance with regulatory bodies. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by preparing budgets and ensuring operations are meeting billing requirements, policies and procedures.
- Lead medical group financial services and revenue cycle teams. Functional areas that report to this position include pre-registration and pre-certification, patient registration, financial advisors, billing, insurance and self-pay collections, and charge and payment posting.
- Develop and interpret policies and procedures, recommend changes as appropriate, and provide relevant feedback to the senior management team to meet department and organizational goals. Implement a management system that is customer-focused, encourages efficiency and automation, drive performance, and effectively develop and reward key performers.
- Define, implement, and manage clear quality and productivity standards across all areas of responsibility in line with enterprise criteria.
- Research, develop, and apply proven financial, workforce, and process management principles and methods to optimize the revenue cycle. Monitor the local and national emerging and best practices associated with physician practice revenue cycle management. Constantly review and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of revenue cycle operations and recommends and guides modifications as conditions change.
- Continuously enhance the patient and physician service delivery aspects of the revenue cycle, refining the procedures, which impact the delivery of service and customer satisfaction.
- Complete or participate in the completion of various financial forecasts and plans, including annual budgets, capital needs, month-end financial reporting, days in AR and aging, cost center productivity and staffing standards, and input to long-range strategic plans.
- Evaluate existing and emerging technologies and vendor services. Cultivate and maintain strong revenue cycle external contracts/relationships, performance and service levels, including outsourced initiatives, specialty recovery vendors, and collection agencies.
- Guide talent acquisition, recruiting, developing, and retain exceptional staff. Promote a strong, team oriented work environment and manages employees to meet personal potential. Mentor department directors and supervisors, investing in team members to help achieve optimal, personal performance.
- Work effectively as a team member in a dynamic executive environment, partnering with hospital revenue cycle leadership to develop strategy, drive continuous quality improvement activities, and reduce avoidable write-offs and denials.
- Ensure compliance in all billing and collection practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or a related field
- At least 5 years’ leadership in a medically related field
- Must be able to work effectively with staff, public and external agencies.
- Must have the ability to take initiative and to exercise good judgment, problem solving, critical thinking, negotiation, conflict management and decision-making
About CoxHealth and Cox Medical Group
Located in Springfield, MO, CoxHealth is a six-hospital, locally owned, not-for profit organization. Each facility offers caring, highly trained staff and state-of-the-art equipment to meet our patients’ health care needs. Cox Medical Group (CMG) is the health system’s integrated network of over 600 providers, located in more than 80 regional facilities. CMG boasts a broad range of specialties spanning the inpatient and ambulatory environments.
- Mission: To improve the health of the communities we serve through quality health care, education and research.
- Vision: To be the best for those who need us.
- Values: Safety, compassion, respect and integrity.
CoxHealth has over 11,000 employees and was voted “Best Place to Work” by the readers of 417 Magazine 2 years in a row. Find out more about CoxHealth here
.Enjoy the life you want in Springfield, MO
Living in Springfield is easy. It’s a place that has everything you need. We have a plentiful and growing job market, great schools, world-class health care, and all the entertainment and cultural options of a big city—but with far less stress and an abundance of character and friendliness. All at the same time, you can fast track your career, afford the home you’ve always wanted, simplify your commute, and enrich your life amid our natural Ozarks beauty. See what we have to offer for your lifestyle, then live here, and just breathe. Click here for more information.