Community Health Worker
Company/organization: Jordan Valley Community Health Center
Contact: Kristen Backs
Jordan Valley Community Health Center has an opening for a Community Health Worker for our Springfield, MO clinic.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1 year clinical experience in experience in Community Health Field
- Trained in and/or experience in:
- Community health worker field
- Organizations and resources
- Lifestyle choices
- Cultural beliefs and health care
- Legal and ethical considerations
- Facilitate appointments for patients including arranging, coordinating, and facilitating transportation resources.
- Follow up on appointments or instructions from the healthcare team by making home visits, meeting the participant in a community setting, and/or phone communication.
- Communicate with Primary Care Health Home team about barriers to self-management noted during visits.
- Promotes wellness by providing culturally appropriate health information and education to patients.
- Encourages and supports patients to make steps toward promoting their health and self-managing their diseases and/or conditions.
- Advance patients health literacy related to their conditions
- Assist with medication management and adherence through the direction of the primary healthcare team.
- Assist in identifying and obtaining clinical, social, and/or community services and resources for patients.
- Assist with post-hospitalization or emergency department visit follow-up by attempting to track down participants Primary Care Health Home staff have been unable to reach.
- Communicates with patients, caregivers, families, and Primary Care Health Home team to assist in meeting patient-centered care goals and clarify cultural practices.
- Communicates with a specified number of patients on a scheduled basis both in person and via phone.
- Follow up with the Primary Care Health Home on referrals sent to other providers or social services and follow up with patients on outcomes and next steps.
- Assists patients in navigating the MO HealthNet, Social Services, community partnerships, and other health and community service systems.
- Builds relationships and interacts professionally with local community partnerships, health, and social service providers.
- Provides a bridge between the Primary Care Health Home and FACT Community Partnership, helping to bridge social determinants of health impacting patients’ health and well-being.
We offer competitive salary, benefits (including medical, dental, vision), retirement, PTO, and recognize 9 paid holidays.
Apply online at www.jordanvalley.org/careers