Company/organization: Jordan Valley Community Health Center
Contact: Kristen Backs
Jordan Valley Community Health Center has an opening for a Coder for our Springfield, MO clinic.
- 1 year coding experience.
- 2 years medical office reimbursement experience.
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Associates Degree in Health Information Technology.
- Performs insurance and billing functions include verifying patient account information to insurance program specifications.
- Resolve routine patient billing inquiries and problems; follow up on balances due from payers.
- Ability to understand ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, and CDT coding.
- Compile denial trending results (medical, behavioral health, dental) for review by compliance officer, medical director, and dental director.
- Electronic billing function, process charges, payments denials and adjustments.
- Performs insurance denial review, correction, and resolution.
- Researches old balances and works with patients account representatives to assist patients in accurate and satisfactory recovery of insurance benefits.
- Responsible for maintaining and running the recurring Credit Card payments.
- Promotes effective working relations and work effectively as part of a team to facilitate the Clinic’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Attains all agreed to goals and objectives within specified time frames, as part of the Clinic’s overall mission.
- Responsibly follows the Clinic Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
We offer competitive salary, benefits (including medical, dental, vision), retirement, PTO, and recognize 9 paid holidays.
Apply online at www.jordanvalley.org/careers