Company/organization: Jordan Valley Community Health Center
Contact: Kristen Backs
Jordan Valley Community Health Center has an opening for a Care Coordinator for our Springfield, MO clinic.
- Minimum of 3 years Clinic experience in case management or comparable position.
- Supports the development and implementation of the physician aligned case management model.
- Deals discreetly with sensitive confidential information contained in minutes, letters, reports, and other documents.
- Responsible for department’s operational excellence and ensures that the department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Attains all agreed to goals and objectives within specified time frames as part of the organization’s overall mission.
- Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his or her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job‑related hazards.
- Follows the Clinic exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter-and intradepartmentally to facilitate the department’s/unit’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Meet with new and established Medicaid patients to answer questions and provide information about the clinics and services.
- Schedule appointments for additional services for patients when meeting with them.
- Provide follow-up to patients to address barriers to care and answer questions.
- Assist patients with connecting to other resources.
- Assist patients who have difficulties completing paperwork or understanding information.
- Serve as a continuity figure to patients.
- Assist in providing outreach and Medicaid enrollment within the community.
- Assists patients with applications to Medicaid, which also induces temporary Medicaid, presumptive Medicaid, disability Medicaid, pregnancy Medicaid, and verifies insurance.
- Obtain information from patient/client to assist them with applications for other programs such as Show Me Health Women, WISEWOMAN, and Missouri Health Net.
- Promotes effective working relations and work effectively as part of a team to facilitate the Clinic’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Attains all agreed to goals and objectives within specified time frames, as part of the Clinic’s overall mission.
- Responsibly follows the Clinic Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Apply online at www.jordanvalley.org/careers