Director of Marketing
Company/organization: Burrell Behavioral Health
Contact: Kerri Gentry
Position: Director of Marketing
Reports To: Chief of Staff
We are seeking an experienced marketing leader who is skilled and passionate about both developing and executing on strategy to further our mission. The Director is responsible to develop and delivers strategic marketing plans aimed at increasing brand awareness, market share and achieving growth goals by working with internal leaders and managing external partnerships with marketing and creative firms.
The Director will develop relationships and a thorough understanding of the community mental health center product and market strategy to serve as a sounding board and advisor to internal leaders and teams when creating unique selling propositions, marketing plans, and specific marketing programs and assets. The Director also obtains and analyzes marketing program return on investment (MROI), recommends improvements on marketing effectiveness and efficiency, and facilitates collaboration across the organization and into communities served.
Lead strategic marketing and hands-on delivery.
- Develop relationships with leaders and develop a sound understanding of products to serve as a valued business advisor in developing overall marketing strategy, creating marketing plans, programs, budgets, and assets.
- Manage key working relationships and budgets with third parties to fulfill small and large marketing, creative and print projects.
- Represent Burrell in person at events both within and outside the organization’s catchment area, including speaking engagements, professional conferences or trade shows when required.
- Oversee marketing relationships with external parties, and contracts with strategic business partners to meet revenue targets.
- Contribute innovative marketing strategies and tactics for all constituent groups to grow market strategy and awareness for products and services.
- Create and deliver specific, actionable marketing strategy and associated annual plans and budgets.
- Facilitate value proposition with subject matter experts. Help translate subject matter and specialized expertise into compelling messages and written/visual content.
- Ensure effective campaign strategy, development, execution and management. Including integrating digital and traditional channels, measuring results and making strategic and programmatic adjustments based on what’s working and not, and designing marketing campaign follow-up practices and demand generation for service lines.
- Foster an environment that results in enhanced alignment of sales and marketing.
- Develop strong relationships with key target industry/professional associations and other channels with goal of advancing marketing objectives.
- Effectively leverage and help optimize sales and marketing technology infrastructure (CRM, marketing automation, content management, web, etc.).
- Contribute to development and oversight of market strategy for entire catchment area and possible growth area(s), including – but not limited to – standard mergers/acquisitions, market data analysis and paid media efforts.
- Oversee day-to-day digital and design marketing components of the organization. Familiarity with Adobe/Microsoft design platforms required; high competency of application preferred.
- Build, develop and maintain a collaborative, high performing and engaged marketing team that provides measurable support to consulting practices.
- Contribute to a team that leverages best practices throughout the organization, reports on marketing results via monthly and quarterly scorecards, executes the Burrell brand in all strategies and tactics, and establishes departmental goals and tracks results
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Can inspire trust and confidence, including ability to sell ideas and influence directly and indirectly. Prefers high-energy environment characterized by high growth expectations.
- Top of field verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including ability to distill complex issues into compelling communications.
- Ability to convey complex ideas clearly and comfortably in person and on camera with a high level of energy and approachable demeanor.
- Approaches challenging circumstances and relationships with confidence and initiative.
- Excellent listener balanced with ability to challenge colleagues constructively and stimulate the thinking of others.
- Confident decision maker supported by disciplined, logical thinking, attention to detail and fact-based, documented conclusions and opinions.
- Leader of the field communications/public relations expertise, and the ability to interpret emerging trends, transfer knowledge to peer executives and implement as appropriate to enable continued achievement of the organization's vision.
- Demonstrated success securing high level cross functional collaboration; ability to establish leadership credibility and inspire teams to achieve common goals.
- Strong business acumen/sensitivity; thinks holistically, incorporates overall company objectives in developing team strategy and decisions.
- Leadership courage; ability to appropriately challenge status quo and influence others.
- Flexible and adaptable in approach and working style with teams in varying stages of market maturity.
- Hands-on style. Willingness and ability to manage and execute.
- Ability to strike the right balance of effectiveness, efficiency, and speed to deliver on strategic marketing plan.
- A balanced sense of urgency, patience, and empathy in working with providers and executives.
- A combination of creative and pragmatic problem solving.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to foster teaching and development of marketing practices and ROI to team.
- Ability to develop strategies to collaborate and enhance working relationships between constituents and providers across the organization and into the communities served, including building strong working relationships with other marketers.
- A consistent demonstration of personal ownership and accountability over activities and results.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and prior marketing management experience.
- Demonstrated success in demand and growth generation.
- Concrete knowledge of diverse marketing approaches and mediums, including digital, integrated campaigns, social media, events, sponsorships, marketing automation tools, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Effective facilitator.
- Life-long learner of the marketing profession.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field; Master’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related field highly preferred.
- Required Experience: Minimum 5+ years relevant marketing experience with leadership responsibilities