Morning Alert Desk Anchor/MMJ
Contact: Lacie Burk
KY3/KSPR, the high-rated, award winning NBC and ABC affiliate in Springfield, MO (market 72) is looking for the newest member of the KY3/KSPR morning team. We want an experienced anchor who can head up our morning breaking news alert desk and also fill-in for the morning anchors when needed. We need a person who can field-anchor on bigger stories and MMJ several stories a week for later newscasts. Our morning newscast is dominate number one in the market, and we value anyone who can come in and help maintain the legacy of the station. We are a newsroom that values creativity, hard work, and enterprise story ideas. We will, in turn, give you the feedback to help you grow and equipment to help you succeed.
- Bachelor's degree in television, communication or journalism related field is preferred
- Experience as a reporter/MMJ and/or anchor is a must
- Basic experience with cameras, ENPS, editing on Grass Valley Edius is a plus
- Research, gather, shoot, write, edit and report news stories for on-air and online in the most accurate, appealing, timely and creative way using all sources
- Report “live” on the scene and in the studio, especially during breaking news and severe weather.
- Aggressively research stories and conduct interviews in the field
- Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments, especially local and national news and weather
- Demonstrate sound news judgment, collaborate with others to present the story in the best way
- Must be able to utilize non-linear editing equipment on a daily basis
- Enterprise research-driven packages under tight deadlines. Participate in story selection process through meetings, daily contribution of lead story ideas centering on safety and security is required.
- Attend/host/speak at community service, schools, and community events; meet and greet viewers
- Post and regularly update stories and other material on the web and social media, usually remotely and communicate with the web staff and other appropriate staff members during breaking news
- Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
- Must be a visual storyteller; perform creative stand-ups and explanatory, moving live shots
- Be willing to learn or possess a broad and working knowledge of the viewing area, including people, places, things, and history
- Use knowledge of appropriate lighting to enhance overall news presentation
- Critique, feedback, and training are part of the job
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Must be able to handle several tasks at once
- Must have flexibility to work any shift, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be willing to learn basic producing so you can fill in your own supers, graphics and visual on-air storytelling ideas
- Requires sitting 45% of the time and standing or walking 55% of the time, and some driving
- Ability to carry, shoot and edit video with digital cameras
- Outdoor work in all weatherconditions is to be expected in this position
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands and fingers, reach, grab, handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, regularly sit, talk, and hear.
- Some nights, weekends and holidays will be required. Schedule changes should be expected.
- Occasional local and national travel is required
- Must hold a valid driver’s license/ability to obtain a Missouri license and be insurable.
To Apply: Send your application, resume, and link to your latest resume tape to:
999 W. Sunshine
Springfield, MO 65807
Or apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
KY3/KSPR is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
All job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen and an acceptable driving record for driving positions.
This job description does not necessarily contain all of the actual or essential duties of this position.