The HR Leave of Absence Assistant will assist Leave of Absence ("LOA") Coordinators with the company-wide LOA program, ensuring required legal documents are distributed and documentation is received in accordance with federal and state laws.
The LOA team is responsible for managing the LOA Program for all the states O'Reilly operates in. Our LOA Program includes identifying what types of leave our team members are eligible for, administering all necessary paperwork, communicating with the team member and management during the leave of absence, and evaluating fitness for duty/return to work forms. In addition, the LOA team evaluates reasonable accommodation requests and provides accommodation recommendations to management that are within the boundaries of company policy, federal, state, and local law.
Essential Job Functions
- Answer questions from team members and managers regarding the LOA Program via telephone and email.
- Determine team member eligibility for leave and designates the appropriate LOA status.
- Assist LOA Coordinators with reviewing and following up on documentation received from Health Care Providers to designate leave, return team members to work, evaluate restrictions and accommodation requests.
- Distribute LOA letters and copies applicable management.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to answer a multi-line phone system in a calm and professional manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with Excel and Word.
- Effective interpersonal and problem solving skills.
This is a full-time opportunity; Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.