Web Content Administrator
Company/organization: O'Reilly Auto Parts
Phone: 417 862 2674
The Web Content Administrator will focus on providing content that is easy to navigate, uniform in look and feel, and addresses the needs of the users. The Web Content Administrator will work with individual departments, create new web pages, and maintain existing content, user authority, and permissions of the content management system. This team member will work with the web masters and the UI development team to provide content to match the UI standards set forth across the rest of the website.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for influencing the overall look and feel of web pages, including graphics, animation, and functionality.
- Act as a main point of contact for operational departments for web site content.
- Contribute to the design and development of, and maintain standards for, the company's intranet presence.
- Maintain document content and security / folder permissions for document repository (Alfresco).
- Suggest and implement team procedures and standards related to the company's intranet content and document repositories.
- Work with UI/UX developers to validate that standards are being met across the company's intranet.
- Maintain site links and work as a backup for the Web Security Administrator.
Other Job Functions
- Stay current with UI industry trends and best practices and explore tools to make processes more efficient.
- Communicate procedures and progress to management on a regular basis.
- Recommend modifications to existing content to the appropriate department managers.
- Stay current with the direction of the business and needs of internal customers.
- Stay current with O'Reilly's web server technology stack to be able to assist with how web content is made available to the end user.
- Maintain Google Search key words for easy searching across the company's intranet.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time opportunity; Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.