Executive Director - Center for Advanced Manufacturing
Company/organization: Ozarks Technical Community College
Contact: Human Resources
Department: Center for Advanced Manufacturing
Salary Range: $85,000 - $120,000
Immediate Supervisor: Chancellor
Schedule Details: Full-time/12 month position/PSRS
The Executive Director will oversee and provide strategic direction to implement and operate OTC’s Center for Advanced Manufacturing. This position will collaborate with business and industry, economic development agencies, policy makers, as well as internal stakeholders. The Executive Director will plan, develop and implement effective programs meeting advanced manufacturing training and technological needs of the region.
Essential Job Duties
- Oversee the planning, development, implementation and operations of the Center for Advanced Manufacturing.
- Through collaboration with business and industry, community partners, state and federal officials, and college leadership, create and implement programs that align with relevant advanced manufacturing and technological needs of the community.
- Provide leadership and support to ensure utilization of dynamic and emerging technological tools and methods in advanced manufacturing are continuously applied.
- Work with educational and industry partners to develop programs and establish pathways, including credit- and non-credit offerings, to ensure curriculum meets workforce needs.
- Develop strategic business and industry partnerships on regional and statewide levels to align programs to emerging industry and workforce needs, including site selections and business expansions.
- Develop a strong strategic relationship with relevant industry and community partners to understand and address the continuously changing needs of southwest Missouri.
- Develop business and process incubation program to further local and regional economic development.
- Evaluate industry and economic trends and needs, including emerging needs, to develop and maintain in-demand programmatic offerings for the Center for Advanced Manufacturing.
- Identify business development opportunities, securing research-related contracts, and participating in partner projects.
- Provide oversight, in collaboration with OTC’s Communications and Marketing Department, of public relations and communication efforts for the Center for Advanced Manufacturing.
- Assist in monitoring of applicable grant and contract budgets.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning, or significant relevant employment experience.
- Five years of experience in management or project management.
- Two years of experience in corporate workforce development or technical education.
- Demonstrated record of successfully maintaining organizational operational excellence and cross-sector partnerships, with particular emphasis on business and industry alignment.
- Exhibit excellent organizational skills in planning, budgeting, and resource allocation.
- Knowledge of current federal and state laws and initiatives related specifically to career and technical education, career pathways, requirements for course and program completion, or certifications related to advanced manufacturing careers.
- Exhibit exceptional written communication skills, as well as strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Seven years of experience in management or project management.
- Strong experience with developing, planning, implementing, executing and operating a Center for Advanced Manufacturing.
- Four years of experience in corporate workforce development or technical education.
- Knowledge of industry credentialing and customized training programs.
- Experience working within a collegiate setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions. Requires extended periods of time viewing computer monitor or standing; may require adjustment of schedule to include some evening and/or weekends; may encounter occasional exposure to inclement weather during travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard.
***OZARKS TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE INSTITUTION DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT-WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents:
- OTC Application for Employment
- Cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements
- Your professional resume
- Copy of college transcripts (if applicable)
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ozarks Technical Community College prohibits discrimination and harassment and provides equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, and disabilities that include HIV and AIDS, and medical conditions. Bona fide occupational qualifications will be allowed in those instances where age, gender, or physical requirements apply to the appropriate and efficient administration of the position.