Licensed Professional Counselor
Company/organization: Greene County
Contact: Michelle Jincks
Purpose of Position
- The purpose of this position is to assess, refer and arrange treatment services for jail inmates; coordinate mental health services; and train jail staff members regarding inmate mental health screening. The work is performed under the direction of the Director of Mental Health Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assess inmates’ mental health status and potential for self-harm. Prepare written reports on each inmate.
- Conduct rounds in special housing units, i.e. segregation and observation.
- Direct jail staff regarding difficult inmates.
- Work with Director of Mental Health and psychologist(s) to maintain a comprehensive mental health program.
- Conduct training for correctional staff as directed.
- Approve special housing assignments for inmates with mental health problems.
- Coordinate services with mental health agencies. Coordinate referrals and community assistance program.
- Provide counseling services.
- Provide ongoing group psycho-education and substance abuse treatment.
- Provide supervision of intern and practicum students as directed.
- Participate in ongoing training.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
- Master’s degree in Clinical/Counseling Psychology, two years of professional clinical experience (Psychiatric in-patient and/or out-patient) at the Master’s level or above, and in pursuit of state licensure and certification. Full Licensure to practice psychology is preferred.
Please visit the Greene County website for a complete job description.