Clerk, Child Support
Company/organization: Greene County
Contact: Michelle Jincks
Purpose of Position
- The purpose of this position is to perform clerical tasks and administrative support for child support cases in the Springfield Regional Prosecutors’ Child Support Office. A child support clerk will serve under the direction of the First Assistant Prosecuting Attorney/Director and the Office Manager/Supervisor of the Child Support Unit in the Office of the Greene County Prosecuting Attorney.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Be competent with the Office’s electronic case management system and understand the various fields, the data that is retained and the data that the technician should enter and update.
- Be able to respect and maintain confidential information held by various state and federal agencies and use that information only for purposes of the IV-D program.
- Be able to work as a team with other staff in the office to accomplish the performance goals set forth by FSD and the First Assistant Prosecutor.
- Be flexible to changing policies and learning new information or methods for continued personal and Office success.
- Prepare and mail correspondence, forms, pleadings, legal documents and other written materials from electronic, written and oral instruction.
- Perform data entry into case management system. Set up case files. Assemble documents, forms, etc.
- Scan new case referrals, documents, incoming mail and faxes into case management system and index all electronic documents.
- Prepare and distribute weekly court calendar for the child support civil docket to appropriate PA and court staff.
- Perform receptionist duties by greeting and directing visitors and checking in appointments. Answer telephone. Screen and route calls to appropriate staff. Provide information to routine questions. Transfer to voicemail as appropriate and/or as directed.
- E-file various legal pleadings.
- Assess and handle e-services and e-notices. Print and/or import pleadings into case management system.
- Process and distribute the incoming mail.
- Accompany APA’s to civil docket in Greene County and handle check-in for parties on IV-D cases.
- Notarize documents as appropriate.
- Shred sensitive documents as directed.
- File away closed case files.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
- High school diploma or equivalent, two years of clerical experience with proficiency in customer service, competent computer skills, type a minimum of 50 words per minute, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities. Prior legal secretarial or child support experience preferred.
- Ability to navigate Microsoft Office 2007 programs including Word and Excel, and the Lotus Notes email system.
- Ability to navigate MACSS and the in-house case management program, Caseview.net.
Please visit the Greene County website to view a complete job description.