Company/organization: Greene County
Contact: Michelle Jincks
Purpose of Position
- The Project Manager serves as the owner’s representative for construction projects, prepares and reviews engineering and related documents and plans, and assists the Resource Management Department Director in overseeing civil engineering functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Manages scope, schedule and budget for county projects.
- Reviews plans and engineering documents for compliance with standards, contracts and practices.
- Assists the Resource Management Director in overseeing and coordinating engineering functions and projects.
- Represents the department at various meetings, responds to requests/concerns/questions from staff and the public regarding county projects and other matters.
- Prepares engineering plans, drawings, and correspondence, technical and narrative reports.
- Analyzes and recommends project scopes. Schedules projects and tasks.
- May perform the Director’s duties in his/her absence, or as directed.
- Oversees preparation of engineering plans.
- Performs engineering surveys.
- Inspects construction sites for compliance with plans, standards and safety.
- Reviews and updates design standards.
- Administers construction contracts.
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities
While the following tasks are necessary for the work of the unit, they are not an essential part of the purpose of this position and may also be performed by other unit members.
- Assists other department staff.
- Photocopies and faxes written materials.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or construction related field, five years of experience in construction project management, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities. Requires a valid Missouri driver’s license.
Please visit the Greene County website for a full job description.