The Unemployment Claims Lead assists the Manager in oversight of the Unemployment process, creates and distributes unemployment reporting, receives and distributes all rehire requests, and processes unemployment claims within assigned states within set deadlines. They respond to claims with proper documentation, prepare and process appeals to charges. This person prepares hearing representatives with all necessary documents and arguments for hearings, as well as tracks all claims, charges and no charges.
Essential job Functions
- Creates and distributes all unemployment reports to the field.
- Takes the "lead" on the complex unemployment cases in the manager's absence.
- Receives and distributes all rehire requests.
- Acts as a liaison between Unemployment, Team Member Relations, Leave of Absence, Risk Management and Legal Teams.
- Trains all new unemployment specialists.
- Researches and compiles information necessary to respond to unemployment claims.
Skills and Qualifications
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe.
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent reading and comprehension skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
This is a full-time opportunity; Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.