Director of Community Based Services
Company/organization: Greene County
Contact: Michelle Jincks
Purpose of Position
- The purpose of the positions is to provide leadership and strategic direction for Greene County Juvenile Office Community Based Services programs, through management of personnel, development of community partnerships and execution of strategic vision. This position will work under the supervision of the Chief Juvenile Officer/Family Court Administrator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Coordinate, plan and implement community based programming and services for youth and families served by the Greene County Juvenile Office.
- Provide supervision of Community Based Services staff, including, but not limited to, the Greene County Youth Academy Program Manager, the Director of Operations and Diversion Officers.
- Develop and maintain partnerships and collaborations with community organizations in order to serve youth and families served by the Greene County Juvenile Office and develop appropriate community-based programs, services and activities for those youth and families.
- Recommend and provide input on operating budget and execution.
- Assess and identify training needs and provide or coordinate training for staff regarding juvenile needs, documentation, and behavior management.
- Conduct and/or participate in interview process and make hiring recommendations.
- Implement policies and procedures along with providing recommendations and input for long-range needs and objectives.
- Investigate and resolve a variety of operational problems and provide input.
- Investigate and resolve staff disciplinary matters and/or recommend appropriate disciplinary action.
- Maintain accurate and timely records.
- Model a professional and appropriate attitude at all times with regard to the Family Court-Juvenile Division & Domestic Relations Division, its philosophy, and its work.
- Demonstrate a sense of camaraderie among community-based services staff and other juvenile office staff. Coordinate both community-based and internal resources to provide services to juveniles. Participate in special work projects as assigned & willingly accept additional or alternate assignments in the event of emergency.
- Provide supervision of interns, practicum students, and volunteers.
- Duties and responsibilities may be changed, expanded, reduced, or deleted to meet the business needs of Greene County Family/Juvenile Court.
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities
While the following tasks are necessary for the work of the unit, they are not an essential part of the purpose of this position and may also be performed by other unit members.
- Assists with leadership team activities
- Completes time sheet.
- Faxes, prints and files related documents.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Education. Criminal Justice, or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred. Two years of increasing responsibility in leadership/management/administrative experience is preferred, but not required. Candidates must be able to provide a demonstrated history of leadership and excellence in performance with quantifiable and visible results in prior workplace experiences. Demonstrated history of collaboration and leading with initiative. Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact comfortably with court personnel for the daily care of detained juveniles are necessary. Proficiency with computers and applicable software programs a must. A valid Missouri Motor Vehicle Operator’s license is required.
Please visit the Greene County website for a complete job description.