Behavioral Health Consultant (Pediatrics)
Company/organization: Jordan Valley Community Hea
Contact: Kristen Backs
Jordan Valley Community Health Center has an opening for a Behavioral Health Consultant (Pediatrics) for our Springfield, MO cli
- Master’s degree in Social Work.
- 2 years experience in a clinical setting.
- Current LCSW license.
- The Behavioral Health Consultant will provide brief, targeted interventions for 8-12 patients per day.
- Screen & evaluate individuals for mental health and substance abuse disorders.
- Brief interventions for individuals with behavioral health problems.
- Behavioral support to assist individuals in improving health status and managing chronic illness.
- Meet regularly with the primary care team to plan care and discuss cases.
- Support primary care physicians/teams in identifying and behaviorally intervening with patients who could benefit from behavioral health needs within the primary care practice.
- Provide front line interventions with first looking to manage behavioral health needs within the primary care practice.
- Focus on managing a population of patients versus specialty care.
- Identification of problem behavior(s), discussion of impact and decisions regarding care.
- Develop specific and goal directed interventions with the use of monitoring forms, behavioral “prescription” and using multiple interventions simultaneously.
- Provide educational materials, handout, and use teach back strategies tailored to patient’s specific issue.
- Provide clear and concise feedback to Primary Care Provider, describe action plan and establish plan for follow up.
- Promotes effective working relations and work effectively as part of a team to facilitate the Clinic’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Attains all agreed to goals and objectives within specified time frames, as part of the Clinic’s overall mission.
- Responsibly follows the Clinic Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Apply online at www.jordanvalley.org/careers