Patient Account Representative - Medical or Dental
Company/organization: Jordan Valley Community Health Center
Contact: Kristen Backs
Jordan Valley Community Health Center has an opening for a Patient Account Representative for our Springfield, MO clinic.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years medical or dental office reimbursement experience.
- Knowledge of reimbursement practices.
- Knowledge of CPT coding.
- Assesses, tracks, and collects on patient account balances.
- Assist in verifying eligibility for Federally Funded Slide Fee Scale.
- Performs insurance and billing functions include verifying patient account information to insurance program specifications.
- Resolve routine patient billing inquiries and problems; follow up on balances due from payers.
- Ability to understand CPT coding.
- Electronic billing function, process charges, payments denials and adjustments.
- Performs insurance denial resolution.
- Monitors self-pay accounts, assesses need for internal collection action.
- Monitors collection letter process and sets up acceptable payment plans with patients.
- Researches old balances and works with patient account representatives to assist patients in accurate and satisfactory recovery of insurance benefits.
- Send weekly private balance statement/collection letters.
- Adjust accordingly for documented bankruptcies and NSF check issues.
- Responsible for maintaining and running the recurring credit card payments.
Apply online at www.jordanvalley.org/careers