Patient Advocate - (Front Desk/Phones)
Company/organization: Jordan Valley Community Health Center
Contact: Kristen Backs
Jordan Valley Community Health Center has an opening for a Patient Advocate - (Front Desk/Phones).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 year of progressive work experience in a medical setting
- Proficient in Window based computer program
- Maintain HIPAA compliance.
- Schedule patient appointments based on patient’s need and scheduling policies and communicate with health care team regarding scheduling issues.
- Answers telephone and gives information to callers; routes call to appropriate personnel and/or takes necessary messages.
- Works closely with providers and staff to maintain needs of the patient while adhering to scheduling protocols.
- Display sensitivity to patient needs.
- Able to handle a fast paced environment with routine changes to workflow.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Promotes effective working relations and work effectively as part of a team to facilitate the Clinic’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Maintain daily cash balancing and reporting.
- Obtain medical information from patient and enter in electronic record.
- Obtain payor source information and verify insurance eligibility.
- Complete patient follow-up calls as directed, provide follow-up to patients to address barriers to care, and answer questions.
- Fill out excuse forms per provider request for patients after they are seen.
- Assist patients with connecting to other resources (i.e complete Medicaid applications, slide enrollments, payment agreements, etc.).
- Assist patients who have difficulties completing paperwork or understanding information.
- Serve as a continuity figure to patients.
- Responsible for department’s operational excellence and ensures that the department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Attains all agreed to goals and objectives within specified time frames, as part of the Clinic’s overall mission.
- Responsibly follows the Clinic Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
We offer competitive salary, benefits (including medical, dental, vision), retirement, PTO, and recognize 9 paid holidays.