Loan Officer (Buffalo)
Company/organization: O'Bannon Bank
Contact: Mary Hitchings
Phone: (417) 345-2251
Are you looking to join a company with good benefits and passionate about helping others?
O'Bannon Bank is committed to serving the customers in our communities by providing great service with a wide range of financial services. Come join our team!
Develop new business, underwriting, structuring and the closing of commercial, agricultural and consumer loans. Maintain and service portfolio. Provide supervision to loan support personnel. Present a positive image by being courteous, friendly and professional.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor and service existing portfolio to identify potential risk.
- Perform new commercial/agriculture or consumer financing for existing customers as well as developing new prospective customers.
- Negotiate terms, structure loan financing based on risk considerations and prepare credits to present to Loan Committee, Discount Committee and Board of Directors for approval as require in the Loan Policy.
- Review the Overdraft Report daily.
- Prepare Annual Review of existing credits are required by the Loan Policy.
- Respond to incoming phone calls in a timely manner.
- Maintain control of past-due accounts by keeping in touch with customers by letter or telephone before the credit gets to the troubled loan status.
- Maximize bank profitability through appropriate pricing of new loans and extensions of existing loans based on customer risks.
- Supervise loan support offering answers to questions in a friendly, professional manner.
- Knowledge of and adherence to complying with various federal regulations, bank policies and procedures.
- Responsible for getting out of the bank to call on prospective customers and existing customers to build strong customer relations.
- Participate in community functions, clubs and various bank activities in the community.
- Promote various products that the bank offers.
- Perform other duties or responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong communication skills.
- Professionalism in dealing with customers and employees.
- Ability to work well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Proficient typing and data entry skills.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work as a team, offering assistance to co-workers as needed.
- Must be prompt, dependable, friendly, efficient and professional.
- Registered with NMLS.
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business or economics.
- 3-years lending experience.
- Lending classes or schools.
- Fully Paid Insurance (employee only): Medical/Vision/Dental/Long-Term Disability/Life (Subject to change upon renewal dates)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Leave: Vacation, Sick, Bereavement and Jury Duty
EOE M/F/Disability/Veteran Employer