GIS Demographics Specialist
Company/organization: O'Reilly Auto Parts
The GIS Demographics Specialist supports the GIS/Demographics Team on GIS projects by providing demographic reports, maps and analysis of existing and potential O'Reilly stores; performing market research, analysis to support new market areas using GIS software; and updating spatial databases and maintains existing datasets.
Essential Job Functions
- Create demographic reports and maps.
- Create large format maps and graphics.
- Research and mine data from a variety of sources and convert into useful and actionable information into the GIS database.
- Geocoding of data.
- Maintain the competition and other retailer geodatabases, verification of locations against aerials and other resources.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, GIS or closely related field.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS 10.4 or higher ESRI Software.
- Knowledge of Google Maps, Google Earth and other mapping products.
- Ability to think analytically, spatially and perform complex analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a full-time opportunity; Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.