Company/organization: O'Reilly Auto Parts
O'Reilly Auto Parts is seeking creative individuals with a passion for all things marketing and advertising to join our internship program. As a Marketing Intern, you will get the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and fun individuals in the industry while gaining experience with a Fortune 500 company! Areas of focus will include Marketing Operations, Audio/Visual, Loyalty Program, Content and Digital Marketing. The fall session begins September 3rd, 2019.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with local and in-house studio in the production of O'Reilly Auto Parts radio commercials.
- Assist in editing and shooting video assets.
- Proof radio production to make sure price and item are correct, as well as, making sure audio quality achieves high radio standards.
- Loyalty Program:
- Research monthly status reports that cover loyalty enrollments, program activities, participation/usage and other key metrics.
- Provide insight and research competitor's loyalty programs.
- Provide insight and research competitor's digital marketing programs.
- Assist Marketing Operations team with various print, retail and professional marketing projects.
- Assist Events/Sports Marketing team with various sponsorship and events projects.
- Help maintain and update departmental databases of various kinds.
- Write creative content for all channels in digital marketing and ecommerce from email and social media to landing pages and custom content.
- Follow marketing plans and strategy documents to write SEO optimized web copy.
- Proof ads, signs, flyers, landing pages, video scripts and other customer facing pieces for accuracy.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Pursuing or having attained a bachelor's degree with a Digital Marketing, Audio/Visual, Marketing Analytics, Journalism or related focus.
- Proficiency with MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word. Ability to quickly learn new software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience working with Google Ads, Google Analytics, or a retail loyalty program a plus.
This is a part-time opportunity; Monday-Friday, with flexible scheduling.