Company/organization: 417 Magazine
Contact: Megan Johnson
Are you a self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with a “we’re all in this together” attitude? Are you passionate about connecting 417-landers to what’s best and what’s next in our community, helping them to fully enjoy their life in 417-land? Are you looking for opportunities for growth and advancement based on your individual strengths?
Are you a dynamic designer that thrives on building upon and enhancing a company’s brand?
If so, we’re hiring and could use someone like you as our Brand Designer!
Primary Purpose of the Role:
Own the design aesthetic of the 417 Brand and all of its assets through dynamic design, high impact marketing efforts and videography.
Primary Functions of the Position—Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Create new branding and design concepts that fit the demographic and accurately and strongly represent the 417 brand.
- Design all collateral for 417 events, contests, promotions and sweepstakes while maintaining brand quality and consistency.
- Visual storytelling through multimedia assets and videography for various projects including maximizing website content and events.
- Copywriting for 417 campaigns including creative headlines, calls to action, ad copy, etc.
- Design internal company collateral.
- Maximize the essence of live events through photo support and create compelling recaps to tell the story of the event to sponsors, participants and event attendees.
- Create and coordinate fulfillment of collateral for direct mailings, social media, event invitations, postcards, envelopes, billboards, business cards, name tags and more.
- Maintain knowledge of and utilize CRM system as a method of communication to improve internal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support Audience Development and Sales teams in any design needs.
Education Requirements and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design
- 1–2 years work experience (impressive internship experience counts)
Skills and Strengths:
- Excellent design skills, visual creativity, strong understanding of typography, experience with videography
- Collaborative and organizational skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite design software
- Good judgement of design that would appeal to the 417 audience
- Creative thinking, ability to offer input in meetings and confidence to share ideas
- Intrinsically motivated to work independently yet still be a team player
- Comfortable with following direction and receiving feedback as required
- Manage a workload of multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Oh—and last but not least, have a passion for excellence
Bonus for the Overachievers (we love you, by the way):
- Art Direction
Benefits and #417culture:
- Comprehensive health benefits for employees, disability insurance, SIMPLE IRA match, profit-sharing plan, professional development, flexible work environment, holidays and personal days
- Key culture competencies include being a self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with a “we’re all in this together” attitude who is also willing to pitch in and answer the phone. Team member must be dependable, efficient in his or her work and have an innovative mindset.
- Did we mention we have fun committee?
- We promote from within, so there are opportunities for growth and advancement
Evaluations and Outcomes:
- The position will be evaluated after 90 days with quarterly reviews.
- Mainly sedentary in an office environment
- May be required to lift up to thirty (30) pounds during photo shoots
- Flexible in working extended hours
Get to know #417culture and the work we do here.
We’re 417, a life-enrichment company in Springfield, Missouri, serving more than 325,362 audience members monthly across our titles of 417 Magazine, Biz 417, 417 Home and 417 Bride. In addition, we have robust digital properties to support each title, produce award-winning publications and have a custom publishing division, a ticketing platform and an event-planning division. While we're at it, we host parties and events for movers, shakers and everyone in between.
We’ve been doing this gig for 20 years, but there’s even more to come—we promise. Want to be part of it? Submit cover letter, design portfolio and resume to WorkFor417@417mag.com.