Associate Product Specialist - Backroom
Company/organization: O'Reilly Auto Parts
The Associate Product Specialist-Backroom will assist the Backroom Product Managers in maximizing the performance of all Backroom lines. This will include involvement in product selection, line reviews, advertising and marketing, inventory maintenance, returns analysis, and supplier negotiations. Other duties within this role include working closely with the Backroom Product Managers to set objectives necessary for continued profitable growth of O'Reilly Auto Parts.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform category analysis (unit sales trends, dollar sales trends, GP dollar trends, GP% trends, product mix) and present recommendations to the Product Manager and Director.
- Assist Backroom Product Managers with promotional planning and execution.
- Communicate with stores and/or other departments as needed to ensure flawless execution of merchandising projects (price changes, program changes, internal systems updates, product script reviews, product alerts, etc).
- Interact with all departments affecting the flow of goods (i.e., Purchasing, Accounting, Store Operations, DC Operations, Sales, Marketing/Advertising, Inventory Control, Pricing).
- Make recommendations for strategic business plans using extensive information, from internal reports to supplier negotiations and discussions to industry publications.
Skills and Qualifications
- B.S. in Business Administration, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, or 5+ years of equivalent automotive retail experience.
- Strong grasp of accounting principles and financial performance metrics.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, analytical, and committed to Excellent Customer Service.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel as a tool for data analysis
- Previous experience in the automotive aftermarket preferred.
- Strong automotive knowledge is preferred.
This is a full-time opportunity; Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.