Now hiring // Logistics Broker
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Assign third party carriers for all loads assigned from Customer Service for a target profit margin of at least 15%.
- Build a carrier base to cover freight on a consistent basis.
- Assign qualified third-party carriers for all loads assigned to the brokerage department.
- Negotiate rates with your customers and carriers to secure strong revenue.
- Follow each load closely to ensure picked up and delivered on time by carrier.
- Work closely with the customer service department to quickly resolve any potential problems on loads.
- Acquire and update insurance requirements and billing information on all carriers.
- Work with shippers & receivers as needed, to obtain feasible pickup and delivery times.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of your customers and carriers to understand their needs and know how we can benefit each other.
- Establish a Carrier Base for your assigned geographical area.
- Back up customer service with incoming calls, entering loads as need and setting appointments.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- 2+ years’ work experience in Brokerage logistics.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient negotiating skills.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High performance teams and a strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
- Computer proficiency.