Plant Operator II
Company/organization: City of Springfield
Contact: Lori Delucia
Come join one of the City's award-winning departments! Environmental Services is seeking a Plant Operator II with a dedication to quality and commitment to environmental stewardship. The current vacancy for the Plant Operator II position is located at our Northwest Treatment Plant (NWTP). The NWTP treats an average of 5 million gallons of wastewater per day and discharges into the Little Sac River. This plant provides service to the residents and businesses on the north side of Springfield and for the communities of Willard and Strafford. As a Plant Operator II, you will perform duties in the capacity of a skilled operator in the operation of a biological nutrient removal activated sludge plant.
The current work shift for this vacancy is 5:30 am - 5:30 pm, rotating work days on a bi-weekly basis; Work shift is subject to change.
Qualifications and Requirements
Experience, Education, and Training
- Two years of college or vo-tech training in wastewater technology, chemical or biological sciences or a related area;
- Degree in biology, environmental science, or similar area;
- Two years experience in the operation of an activated sludge wastewater treatment plant, or in a closely related area;
- Directly related work experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis, and double credit may be given for direct City of Springfield Plant Operator Trainee experience.
- Must possess a valid Missouri Class "D" Wastewater Operator's Certificate or equivalent;a Class "C" Wastewater Operator's Certificate is desirable;
- Must obtain and maintain a Class "B" Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with appropriate endorsements within the following guidelines: Pass written portion of exam within 90 days of employment and skills test portion within the probationary period.