Company/organization: Safe and Sober
Contact: Mackenzie Hernandez
Safe and Sober is a nonprofit organization based in Springfield, Mo. The mission of Safe and Sober is to deliver outcome-based educational programs designed to empower young people to make safe choices. Find more information about Safe and Sober at www.missourisafeandsober.com.
- Research and write articles for Safe and Sober’s parent website located at www.safeandsoberparents.com. Article topics will include risky teen behaviors, underage drinking and impaired driving.
- Assist with school communication plans and manage contact records for the Safe and Sober middle/junior high and high school programs.
- Write and design activities, curriculum materials and discussion guides designed to use along with the Safe and Sober programs.
- Assist in the design of program social media graphics and mailers.
- Assist with the planning and execution of paid and unpaid social media campaigns on Safe and Sober Facebook. These campaigns will be designed to direct additional traffic to the Safe and Sober Parents website located at www.safeandsoberparents.com.
- Conduct research and analyze results about the effectiveness of the Safe and Sober program.
- Working toward a college degree, preferably in the field of Public Relations, Communications, Writing or English
- Commitment to Safe and Sober’s mission and core principals
- Ability to communicate professionally
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Graphic design experience is a plus
- We ask that interns provide their own laptops for the duration of their position, if they are able.
Start date: Position is to be filled by June, requires an 8-week commitment.
Hours: Up to 30 hours per week.
Compensation: This is a paid internship. Safe and Sober will also happily work with your university to give you academic credit for this internship position.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com